Sunday, July 25, 2010

Music for the brain

A few times I have tried to start listening to classical music. I think the reason is that I read somewhere that this kind of music makes you smarter. :) Once I actually did something about it and surfed to the e-library. I thought I would listen through the whole collection of classical music and started with the first one available, which happened to be Albinoni´s Adagio in G minor for Strings and Organ. I downloaded it and listened to this piece so many times and everytime I started to cry (and still do), it´s so beautiful. I tried a few other pieces aswell but didn´t find any more that I liked. 
I´m  thinking that I should have classical music as a challenge (will put it on the list). By that I mean, listening to different composers and pieces, finding more beautiful music and trying to teach myself in liking the pieces that are "difficult". In doing so I think I will benefit in ways that I yet don´t know of.
I have borrowed a cd, which I am now listening to, and actually found one more piece that is really beautiful, Johann Pachelbel´s Canon and Gigue in D major for 3 Violins and Basso Continuo.

No comments:

Post a Comment